Summer Camp is so much more than swimming, sunshine, and slushies! Summer Camp sessions give your child the opportunity to make new friends, develop skills, and gain confidence in a new environment – all while having fun and making lasting memories!
With so many amazing camp programs out there, choosing the right fit for your camper can be overwhelming! Here arefive tips to keep in mind when selecting a camp for your child.
- Safety – Ask questions regarding the camp’s safety procedures. Make a list ahead of time of any specific concerns such as security measures, food allergy awareness, and staff to camper ratios.
- Schedule – Camps with choice driven schedules and plenty of variety will appeal to most campers and help keep kids engaged through the summer!
- Activities – Be on the lookout for programs that include unique or specialty activities of interest to your camper! Summer Camp is a great opportunity for kids to explore something new and to challenge themselves!
- Camp Staff & Community – Camps with experienced leadership will create a positive, community-oriented environment encouraging cooperation and camp spirit, and will help support kids as they adjust to camp!
- Make Kids Part of the Process – Ask your camper what kind of Summer Camp they would like to go to. Visit a camp expo together! Camp fairs are a great way to gather information on several options and a convenient opportunity to meet camp directors from different programs all in one place! Give your child the opportunity to choose a camp from two options you’ve selected.
Visit our website to learn more about Summer Camp programs offered at DHAC, or visit our table at the Boston Parents’ Paper Summer Camp Expo at Dedham Health & Athletic on Saturday, January 20th, 2018 from 11am – 2pm!
We hope to see you there!
-Michelle and Melanie – Kids Programs Directors at Dedham Health